Viennese Whirls Viennese whirls make a lovely Jubilee treat. I made half of mine with strawberry jam and half with raspberry jam. Delicious! Viennese Whirls (Adapted from a recipe by The Hairy Bikers ) Ingredients 250g soft butter 50g icing sugar 250g flour 50g cornflour ½ tsp vanilla bean paste Filling 100g butter 100g icing sugar plus ½ tsp for dusting ½ tsp vanilla bean paste 75g seedless raspberry or strawberry jam Method Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper. T ake a circular cutter and trace 16 circles onto the greaseproof paper. Flip the paper over so that the ink is on the bottom. Put the butter, icing sugar, plain flour, cornflour and vanilla extract in an electric mixer and mix until smooth. Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Pipe whirls of dough onto the greaseproof paper using the circles as a guide...

Soo cute. I love Hello Kitty.
ReplyDeleteI know it looks like I'm copying Sunny & Star but when I saw these I thought the same thing! So cute, I LOVE Hello Kitty!
ReplyDeleteWow! These are amazing, great idea. X
ReplyDeleteI tried making these on Sunday, but when I dipped the hello kitty shaped ovals into the candy coat it would fall apart from the stick... do you know why this is?
ReplyDeleteHave you tried dipping the stick in chocolate before inserting into the cake ball. This helps to keep the the cake attached. Charlotte x
Delete